Friday, September 4, 2009

[Models] Literal to Abstract

In exploring the 3D aspect of my drawings I began with a very literal interpritation of the painting itself. I knew what I wanted to occur interaction wise with the structure and who would be interacting in it but the form it would take alluded me.


As seen a above, it is easy to believe that I was very much influenced by the focal point of the painting, the illuminated lattice screen form, my two were attempts at creating a form that was literal in order to gain more inspiration for the 3D affair. The concept of EDGE was thrown around but really whenever I tried to explain it I came up with contrast, which was one of the main elements I wanted to take into the painting.





Though I did not want to be literal in the least, this third image was one of my best designs and it was actually the one to help me come up with my concept. Not contrast, because its not a concept at all, but the idea of pinwheel and how the structure can use movement without really moving at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment