Thursday, September 17, 2009

[Caution]: Experimental Rendering

Rendering has to be my absolute favorite part of this class, I love drafting and all but this is the most fun for me because I am an artist at heart. For this assignment we had to render based on the color scheme from one of Maud Gatewood's paintings, anyone see a trend?

Maud Gatewood

We had to experiment in rendering styles from rigid to loose techniques using markers. (In my case Prismas) My weakness seems to be letting loose, for some reason if its not pretty uniform I see it as sloppy so I shall continue to work on that. Also my colors are abit brighter than the norm but I decided thats what I wanted to go for to show contrast and shape in the space and practice color placement.

Structured Rendering

Medium Rendering

Loose Rendering II

Loose Rendering I

There are two "loose" renderings because I was experimenting with different techniques and with getting used to being alittle looser as I tried things that worked and did not work to show the time I had put into them rather than make it seem like they took ten minutes. Markers are still a relatively scary medium for me because they are so much more permanent in every mark you make but I am getting more and more comfortable with them as I experiment.

Things to work on:
+Color Saturations
+Shadowing that translates from afar.
+ Loose Style for future reference.
+ Techniques with various shades of gray markers.

No comments:

Post a Comment