Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Man of Steel in His Kitchen



A logo design for our Studio kitchen project and yet another SYTYCD prompt. I did this solely on the computer rather than using traditional mediums I am familiar with (i.e: Watercolors). Did all the line work in the first one in Illustrator using my tablet to help me position lines and lettering and then rendered (example being the bottom design) in Photoshop via graphic tablet so I had better accuracy.

I ended up going with the line work one rather than the colored one because I thought it looked overdone and lost it's statement amongst the color. The reason for the lettering "Man in his city" is because I needed something to help identify the client that I was designing this city-like kitchen for. My client being Shaquille O'Neal has a nickname of "The Man of Steel" on the basketball court and so I played with the superman idea and Shaq having reign over his kitchen like a superhero has his own home city to defend.

No comments:

Post a Comment